Real CPR Help technology gives you real-time depth and rate CPR feedback while you deliver cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), providing guidance that can improve CPR quality.
When a cardiac arrest occurs, the fact is that only half of the victims will need a shock. But all will require CPR.
You deserve an automated external defibrillator (AED) that helps you all the time. And, only one AED can actually see when you are doing CPR and help you do it well. You need more than just commands, without assistance. That’s not smart, and it’s certainly not helpful.
ZOLL’s AED Plus and AED 3 features Real CPR Help, a CPR feedback tool that is able to actually see what you are doing and provide feedback to help you do it well. Audio and visual prompts help you rescue with confidence and clarity unmatched by any other AED.
In 2002, when ZOLL introduced Real CPR Help, it was the first company to offer technology to help improve CPR performance. Real CPR Help is a standard feature on all of ZOLL’s defibrillators. It gives the rescuer real-time feedback to optimise the patient’s opportunity for a return to spontaneous circulation.
Why Real-Time CPR Help Matters
The European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and the Resuscitation Council (UK) emphasise the importance of good-quality CPR as being vital to the successful outcome of an attempt to resuscitate a victim of sudden cardiac arrest. It is also understood that the delivery of good-quality CPR is particularly difficult to perform consistently over a prolonged period of time. In most emergencies, the quality of CPR provided by the rescuer can make the difference between life and death.
- What if you knew real time how well you are performing CPR?
- What if a defibrillator could tell you that you are doing good chest compressions?
- What if you could capture all that data for CPR review, training and analysis?
Can all this be possible? With The ZOLL AED Plus and AED Pro, the answer is yes.
With ZOLL AEDs, Real CPR Help is constantly looking at your delivery of chest compressions and will assist all rescuers with feedback and prompting for help in providing effective manual CPR.
How Real CPR Help Works
- Not pushing hard enough? It will tell you when to “Push harder.”
- Pushing hard enough? It will say, “Good compressions.”
- Not pushing fast enough? A metronome will lead you to the right rate.
- It will even show you the depth of each compression. In real time.
- Not yet started? The AED Plus will tell you to get started.
- Compressions stopped? It will tell you to continue.
Voice and message prompting helps the rescuer achieve optimal CPR compressions. Feedback such as “PUSH HARDER” helps accomplish quality compressions quickly, resulting in a reinforcing message, “GOOD COMPRESSIONS.” To minimise CPR idle time, “CONTINUE CPR” is another important reminder.
Compression Depth Indicator
- Consistently achieve the depth of cardiac compression according to the ERC/UKRC/AHA recommended depth of 5 cm to 6 cm.
Compression Rate Indicator
- Easily achieve the compression rate of 100-120 cpm through a dynamic adaptive metronome beep that is easy to follow.
Lapse Time Indicator
- Raises awareness of CPR interruptions by displaying the elapsed time from when the last compression was delivered.
- ZOLL’s AEDs have the capability to transmit CPR data, offering the ability for complete resuscitation review and playback.
Real CPR Help is accomplished with our quick and easy-to-apply one-piece CPR-D Padz electrodes There is no compromise to readiness with cumbersome extra electrodes to manage and position on the patient.
For ZOLL, it’s about offering technology that provides real help when responders need it most. Whether it’s helping you with manual CPR, or using data to help improve performance, at ZOLL, we believe that our technology will help rescuers be more efficient and effective when it counts most.